National Black MBA – Greater Harrisburg
The Greater Harrisburg Chapter was first established as an Interest Group in October 2008 and became an Interim Chapter in April 2009. It’s charter members sought to build a support network for blacks that are established and new to the Greater Harrisburg area. The majority of the members were frequently traveling to other cities (Philadelphia, Baltimore, D.C.) for professional development and networking opportunities and there seemed to be a strong opportunity to provide these types of events locally.
The Greater Harrisburg Chapter of the National Black MBA Association, Inc. is comprised of business professionals and graduate students representing diverse industries. Our members share the common goals of exposure, development and obtaining career opportunities with increased responsibility. The chapter’s commitment is to provide valued-added programming and services that align with these goals.
2010 The Greater Harrisburg Chapter have the following goals:
• Attract and retain members of the highest caliber
• Provide innovative programs, professional development and networking opportunities for members
• Build and maintain strong partnerships with key stakeholders in the community
• Effectively communicate a value proposition plan to all corporate partners to foster a long-term relationship
• Build a premier governing structure
• Increase awareness and facilitate access to graduate management educational programs and award scholarships